Monday, October 18, 2010

It's Official! Heading back with Mercy Ships to Sierra Leone, 2011!!!

The official acceptance letter from Mercy Ships has finally arrived! :) Hooray! Will be serving back on board the Africa Mercy for 6 months next February-August. I can't wait!
While it seems that Feb is a long way off, I know that it will be creep up QUICKLY and be here before I know it!
Still no word yet on a job. I keep applying and applying, but haven't received any phone calls for an interview. The feedback I get and what I hear from my friend Laura, who has traveled with this travel nurse agency before, is that it takes a while to get your first assignment. It took her a couple of months to get her first assignment, so I guess I'm right on track compared to other first-time travelers. It still doesn't help in the discouragement department, however. I never thought I'd feel unwanted as a registered nurse in America, but I guess the travel world is a bit unlike regular employment opportunities for nurses- a bit more competitive. So, I keep waiting... learning trust and reliance upon the Lord and having to walk out belief that his plans are not my own.
I've been able to seen and hang with my family, though, and have enjoyed that immensly! Here are some pics of Bemidji quality time:
Went on a "field trip" with my sister Laura and my two nieces to watch how honey is harvested and processed.
Golden retriever puppies and a visit from Grandpa and Aunt Noreen. Went to Itasca State Park on a beautiful October day!



Made time to go up the firetower at Itasca and see the Fall colors as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment