Friday, July 22, 2011

Leaving for Bo, Sierra Leone! :)

This Friday afternoon (22 July), the UMVIM (United Methodist Volunteers in Missions) team I’ll be joining for my 2 week trip to Bo will be coming onboard the ship for an Africa Mercy tour! I feel like a new mom or something, showing my home to visitors and fellow Americans! It will be so much fun!

After a ship tour and presentation, I’ll be leaving with the team to head down to Bo (Sierra Leone’s second largest city about 3 ½ hours southeast of Freetown) after a night in a local hotel. I most likely won’t have internet access (or very limited) during that time, so there will not be any more of my blog updates during that time.
If you would like to follow the UMVIM team blog with what we are doing, feel free to check out their blog site (I may be writing one of the posts at some point):

http://africanprograms.org/blog/

I’ll hopefully be visiting my World Vision sponsor child one more time as well as some of my orthopedic patients while I’m in Bo, so I’m very, VERY excited for my time in-country! That and the fact that I get to spend 2 weeks playing with balloons, coloring crayons, crafts, and songs with 5-8 year old sweet Sierra Leonean children for 2 weeks! It will be like the best vacation imaginable! I can’t wait!

Look forward to talking with you all again in 2 weeks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment