Friday, January 13, 2012

Let the Countdown Begin!


So... I'm not usually a big countdown, time-tracking person. My childhood best-friend Ali (R), however, definitely is! It seems she is always counting down something on her facebook page. Days till Christmas... days till the next weekend... hours until she gets to leave on a trip... you get the idea. For me, I think I've just never been detailed enough to bother counting down minutes, hours, or days. However, in memory of Ali (and all you other count-downer's out there)... here goes!

-15 hours until I get to see my dad, brother, brother-in-law, and niece for one last weekend family bash!

-4 days until I fly from "home" (Minneapolis) to Chicago where I'll get to visit family and friends at a one-day layover. :)

-5 days until I meet up with Melisa and we board out red-eye international flight from Chicago-Brussels, Belgium!

-6 days until Melisa and I get to hop aboard the European train system for a 4-day visit to reunite with Dutch Mercy Ships friends Corina, Timo, Berdien, Geke, and Johan (while getting over jet-lag, I might add)!

-10 days until we board our final international flight from Brussels and arrive in Lome', Togo!


My excitement (and the growing reality of my trip) is increasing as I pack and prepare. To be honest, it really hasn't hit me that I'm going back the the place that I love with so many people I love to do something that I love. It almost seems to good to be true. I am truly in awe of God's work in this whole situation; bringing me here; providing me with so many faithful prayer warrior and financial donors... I am just brought to tears without words to describe my heart. All I can say is thank YOU.

Yes, YOU.

For if you are reading this blog, you no doubt have played a significant role in my life. Whether you are a complete stranger stumbling upon these stories of one pilgrim's journey, or a life-long friend of family member, I truly believe that God's timing of our life-collisions is perfect. You haven't stumbled across my blog for no reason, neither have you been an active (or inactive) part of my life without cause. God knows exactly what we need, when we need it. I just pray we would all have eyes to see each of those collisions and recognize them as moments prepared and set aside by Him.

1 comment:

  1. Loves you!!!! :)
    I must be in your mind... You arrive in Togo on a very important day... My birthday!!! Please phone date before you leave my bestie?! Safe travels as you prep to leave and good visits with all in your countdown!!! Props for your detailed countdown, I taught you well!!!!!! ;) I will miss you like crazy!!!! Have an amazing time doing what you love and serving our wonderful savior!! Hugs!! <3

    ReplyDelete