Friday, May 4, 2012

Where Does the Time Go? Do Intentions Count for Anything?

I’m sure that many of you are sadly getting used to my sporadic blogging habits. I am absolutely ashamed that, in the 5 weeks I have been home in Minneapolis, not a single blog-post was published. I felt like I had barely got home, unpacked, done laundry, started working, caught up on mail and bills, worked more, and then.. POOF! 5 weeks was GONE!

 5 weeks until what, many of you may ask. It was the 5 weeks I was home until l returned to the Africa Mercy, yet again, to help finish out the Togo, 2012 field service! Many of you are undoubtedly surprised (or not surprised at all) at this news. To be fair, I was surprised myself at my sudden return. Let’s just say it wasn’t in MY plans or agenda for my spring, but it certainly was God’s.

I’m sure many of you remember my posts and/or emails about there being a shortage of nurse volunteer s for the end of the Togo outreach, starting in about mid-April. Since late January when I had arrived on the ship, our dear Ward Supervisor, Kirstie asked us to “pray about extending” to help cover these needs. I thought and prayed about it, and felt unable/not called to extend as I was already coming back on extra funds, and on a very tight budget to manage the remainder of the costs and my own bills at home.

 So, there I was, minding my own business, working in the general ward for my final 2 weeks in March, when I was approached one night after work. Turns out that there were special funds made available to cover my cost for an extension or return to the ship if I agreed to come for at least 4 weeks. What could I say? I mean, really? What was I going to do at home? Work and save money for… something? So, after prayer and time with God, I said yes to return to the ship April 30-June 11th, 2012! And so here I am!

 It has been a wild ride and has left me feeling even more that you never know where God will call you and when. But for now, here I am again, completely blessed and taken aback by this opportunity! I'm not sure what God has in store for these next 6 weeks, but there must certainly be a pretty significant one! More stories (and catch-up stories) to come! Until then, re-orienting to life in Togo, West Africa! :) Please feel free to send me mail or messages onboard! :) I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment